Wednesday, November 23, 2005

What I am thankful for - 2005

In keeping with the theme of the "Festival of Gratitude", I am hereby thankful for the following things in 2005:
  • I am thankful my youngest brother successfully completed two tours of duty with the Marines in Iraq, and that he has since left the Marines and is going to college, where he will be very successful.
  • I am thankful that I have such a great group of friends to support me when I need it, especially Jen, Keri, Brad, Sue, Jeff, Erica, Bill, Mike, Amy, Maryjane, Christine, Shelly, Pam and Toni - I love being with any one or all of them at any given time.
  • I am thankful that the American people are seeing the light and beginning to realize they elected a Total Boob into office in 2004 (I refuse to use the term "re-elected"). I can only hope that we can save face with the rest of the world in time.
  • I am thankful that I successfully quit smoking (going on 1.5 years now) and that I appear to have no interest in starting again.
  • I am thankful that gas prices came back down, as I am starting to commute in December and well, jeez.
  • I am thankful that I have so many things to be thankful for.
As people sit down to dinner tomorrow with their families and "give thanks", I hope people will pray for the people in this world who feel they have nothing to be thankful for.

No comments: