Thursday, November 10, 2005

I voted, and it scared me

On Tuesday there was one of those under appreciated "off year" elections. Sometimes I think most people do not even know these elections are happening. However, being someone who has always taken the right to vote seriously, I dutifully showed up to fill out my form.

What bothered me was that I was never asked to produce identification. I was asked who I was and where I lived, given the form and a pen and told to fill it out and put it in the machine. I did not personally know the people working the polls, so how could they be sure I was who I said I was?

In this time where accusations of election fraud are volleyed back and forth like insults in British parliament, shouldn't there have been a little more scrutiny?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Krakow
Not in any way bike related, so I'm posting for the first time in my "other" section of the blog! There's not a lot of bike stuff going on at the moment.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to road construction of pa on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like road construction of pa!

Tony Franco said...

Electoral fraud scares me too. I wrote a letter to my Congressman that we all spit on our ballot. That way, they can later test the saliva using DNA to make sure we are really who we say we are. They can also then test for steroids (as a steroid free bodybuilder, it really irks my zulus when people take shortcuts).

Jack said...

Sounds like an idea to me!