Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Tivo/DVR - Blessing or Curse?

I have had a cable DVR box (like Tivo) going on about 4 months now. I was motivated to get this based on all the good things I hear about Tivo, and wanting to watch "General Hospital" every day. Because DVR also records things at the same time you watch something else, it was a good tool to avoid conflict with "the partner" about what we would watch.

At first, I was so delighted. I could watch shows whenever I wanted, and did not have to schedule my life around "Lost" or "24" - I could actually miss one or two and catch up later.

That, though, is the problem. Sometimes I end up with such a backlog of shows to watch that I just end up deleting them feeling overwelmed, which basically defeats the purpose of having the thing to begin with.

So technology continues to be both friend and foe.

No comments: