Saturday, November 12, 2005

Being Fabulous

Last night I met two of my closest friends at the trendy Boston hot spot "Bonfire" for one reason - to be "fabulous".

Being fabulous is more than a way of being, it is a way of thinking. To be perfectly fabulous, you need to dress and act the part. No jeans in fabulous. Proper attire is required. Also, exotic cocktails in fancy glasses - no beers.

There should be a certain level of pretention about the atmosphere - an "on top of the world" way of it. Also, you must casually act as though you are one of that elusive 1% of society that controls 75% of wealth and power.

I wore business casual, no tie but nice jacket and slacks. The "no tie" approach says, "look at me, I throw caution to the wind". I wanted to bring a pipe, but since I have quit smoking, the only suitable one was one that blew bubbles - I decided that was not right for the look.

My two fabulous friends, Jen and Keri, looked "mahvelous, dahling" - and were very willing accomplices in the act of being fabulous.

All kidding aside, we had a great time - I always do with them. And "Bonfire" is a wonderful restaurant, check it out here. They serve the best kind of wine, the type that comes in huge, completely full goblets. Lovely. Three goblets into the mission I was feeling very happy.

Needless to say, I love my friends, and I love being Fabulous with them.

No comments: