Tuesday, March 21, 2006

What do you think?

Two years ago, I quit smoking. It was a personal choice, not influenced by any other person. I was surprised how easy it was. I did this, even though I live full time with a smoker, and he continues to smoke.

I have never pushed for him to quit, the only two things I have asked is that he does not smoke in the bedroom, or in my car. These are the only restrictions I have asked for. However, he still does it, and that makes me mad. When I complain, he dismisses my complaints as my "making a big deal out of nothing".

Am I wrong in making these requests? After two years of not smoking, cigarette smoke has started to bother me in close quarters, and I can smell it for days. If he borrows my car, I know if he smoked in it, even if he says he did not.

Am I making too big a deal out of this?

No comments: