Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Quick Bird Update

I have been so busy with work I hardly post any more. But I need to give you a funny Bird Update.

I have mentioned before that the Bird, Rick the Parrot, loves to find funny hiding places and "nest". The partner has been doing some work on our home and he recently opened a crawl space under the eves of the front room to build some storage cabinets. The bird, recently clipped to stop him from flying and perching up on the ceiling fan, discovered an opening that allows him in under the eaves of the roof.

How do we know this? The other day I come home from work and the Bird is missing, but when I call him I hear him whistle - so I know he is around somewhere, the place is a construction mess, but I am sure he is OK.

About an hour later I am sitting on the couch when all of a sudden the Bird starts calling me - "Jack!", "Jack?!" (this ability was picked up from David constantly yelling "Jack!" for almost 17 years). So I look all over the place and wonder where it is coming from when I realize the Bird is inside the wall. So, I open up the crawl space, shine in the flashlight and there he is, complete with a towel he dragged in there to cuddle (he likes to cuddle a towel, maybe some day I will post a pic).

Anyway, I coaxed him out and sealed the opening he used - he then proceeded to be a bratty child who was pissed I had taken away his little fort.

God, I never though I would have to child proof my home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My former child, Glacier (180# weimaraner who thought she was a lap dog) required constant child proofing. Alas, I lost her in the divorce, but still have visiting rights.

Jack said...

Glacier sounds like a love - gotta love our pets. I would have to have visiting rights if something happened with David. I can't imagine not seeing Rick - after all, he is a bird who calls me by name!