Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Simple Things

We just got a new vanity, sink and medicine cabinet, as well as tile floor, in my bathroom. You'd think I got a new car. You realize you are getting older when you get so excited about these things. Other things I find myself excited about that would have bored me 20 years ago:
  • New Sheets (600-1000 thread count only).
  • New vacuum cleaner (it has a pivot!).
  • Lazy Susan for my television (now I can lightly swing it around to view it while dusting the curio cabinet).
  • Curios for the curio cabinet (don't ask).
  • New silverware (we finally replaced our college-era mismatched stuff with all new matching heavy duty stuff!).
  • Stainless steel bathroom accessories.

And the ultimate insult came yesterday. I went to Microcenter to buy some things I needed for work. Ten years ago, I would have come out of there with all kinds of electronics and computer toys that I did not need and could not afford. Yesterday I wandered the aisles and realized I had everything I wanted, and was more interested in getting back to my new bathroom!

At least I still like to go out and drink!

No comments: