Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Cross-walk Signals

Sometimes I think these are only a box with a button that is not really connected to anything that will change the traffic lights. These are the times when I am waiting at a cross walk and trying to cross the street.

Other times I am sure that they work as we are told they do. This is when I am driving, trying to get somewhere quickly and all four ways at an intersection are at red because Of the "Walk" light someone requested.

But the only thing that really annoys me about these things, are the people who walk up to them, press the button to get the walk light, and then do not wait for it, they run across the street against traffic anyway. This leaves us stuck at another four way red light with no one actually crossing the street.

Kind of a waste of a thing if you ask me, these cross walks usually have an interval timed light anyway.

No comments: