Monday, April 19, 2010

It's About Time, Part 2

So right after I publish the last post, I go back to watching tonight's episode of "24" (no, I was not really watching that Discovery Channel show) and it occurs to me that if there is any evidence of time travel already in existence, it is all over "24".

"24" has always taken creative license with the concept of portraying events in "real time". But this season it is just ridiculous. I mean one minute the President is in her office, the next (minute, literally) she is in her car being whisked through Manhattan and on the phone with CTU and the very next minute (yes, minute) she is arriving at CTU (which appears to be across one of the NYC rivers). No one, not even the President, can manage that. And don't get me started about last week's sexual congress between Jack Bauer and Renee Walker. Because that encounter when from "Status=Clothed" to "Status=Finished and Cuddling" during one commercial break. Having us believe that about Jack Bauer's "skills" is, well, cruel.

Unless....., they (CTU and/or the Secret Service) have time travel capabilities. That could explain a lot on that show.

No comments: