Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hugs and Kisses

It's been a while since I posted any update on the Bird, this blog's official mascot. Honestly, there has not been a lot to report. However, a recent development is somewhat amusing (to me).

Rick loves to get his head kissed, touched and tickled. He makes kissy noises when he wants a kiss, or starts screeching (or he just calls me by name). Whenever he gets into one of these kissy moods, if you go up to him, he extends his cheek out to get a nice big smacker right on his cheek. Sometimes I will mutter "what a bird" to him while I do this.

So how much does he love this? Well, recently, we heard him mumbling "what a bird" to himself in the mirror and then making a kiss sound. We peeked around the corner to watch. Every time he said "what a bird" he would extend his cheek into the air and make the kiss sound. He was PLAY KISSING - exactly the way he would get kissed if I was doing it myself.

What a Bird.

No comments: