Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Gym Jerk Continued

Total ass. All one of my readers might recall a post I made about proper Gym behavior in which I describe a gym bunny who believes he is somehow more special than everyone else. As in my previous post, which you can review here, he hogs the machines and ignores people who are waiting to use them, despite the incredibly polite signs indicating he must give up the machine between sets while others are working through. He sits on the machines between his sets, and reads People magazine, pretending no one else is there.

I am not sure what annoys me more - the fact I do not get the immediate access to the machine that I want, or the fact this ass believes it is OK to do this. Anyway, tonight I intervened. The conversation went something like this:
Me: (politely) Do you mind if I jump in and do a quick set?
The Ass: (sighs) Well I still have four to do.

Mind you, he did not specify what "four" meant - reps or sets? By the way, that is gym technobabble people rattle off to sound like they go to the gym often.

Me: (still politely) Well if you are doing four sets, do you mind if I go in during your rest between next two?

The Ass: (annoyed and not hiding it) Fine! Then he gets up - walks away without toweling off his sweaty ick.

Me: (under my breath) Ass...
Fortunately for every prima donna like him, there are at least 20 cool guys who work within the guidelines and are very considerate.

No comments: