Sunday, July 06, 2008

Riding the T

So the Partner has been car-less for a while now, and he has also been getting very involved in the antique and collectibles business. So I pretty much have given up my car to him on weekends and even during the week sometimes because I can get around on the "T" (MBTA - Boston Transit system).

One recent change on the "T" is that they announce at each station when a train is "approaching" and then again when it is "arriving". Other than the words "approaching" and "arriving" these announcements differ by about 5 seconds. I mean really. Really? Do we need both announcements?

I like the T - it works for me most of the time. Even when that moron stands in front of the subway door acting like they did not realize it just opened to let people on and off. Even when that person who just can't quite manage the personal hygiene thing sits next to you. Even when I get to the station just as a train is leaving. Even when..... do I have to go on?

But I love the Partner so I put up with it.

No comments: