Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Feels Like Fall

So it has been sort of cold this week, and wet. This is all my fault, because it is my vacation week.

Regardless of this, I am enjoying the time off. Exercising, going to museums, seeing movies and spending time with family - it has been nice. But because I have been thinking about fall, I was thinking about some fall trips. I am taking two - one to Washington DC for work and one to the White Mountains for foliage fun.

I have been to DC many, many times, but I have always stayed outside the city in Maryland - this time I will be staying right downtown at the Wyndham Resort, which is great. And even though I will be there for work, I will have plenty of free time to do some site-seeing. Most of my stays there only allow me a little time to see the city's many awesome landmarks. The question is, what do I see first?

It has been many years since I headed north to the Mountains. I am feeling a need to hike in the woods and see the "Flume" again. So one weekend in early October I will be driving up and just "walking the wilderness".

No comments: