Sunday, June 25, 2006

Those gold dollar coins

Is there anything more annoying than being given those gold dollar coins for change from someplace? You really can't complain, because they are real money. And at the same time, if you try to pay for something with them, you feel weird.

I went to buy a beer at the bar tonight with three of the coins and felt like a Pirate, at a tavern using "pieces of eight" to buy my beer. The bartender gave me that odd look, like " f@ck you for passing those damned gold coins off on me". Of course, that was exactly what I was doing.

2 comments:

Iton said...

Hehe, I've always liked those gold coins. I have actually gone out of my way to find them.

Jack said...

Some people do like them alot, one of my co-workers' father collects them and offered to buy some from me!