Friday, June 09, 2006

Happy Pride Boston!

What to do?

Pride is this weekend and it looks like a washout - at least for the parade and the Fritz Block Party. Maybe the afternoon will be salvaged enough for the Block Party but it is unclear.

I want to be a good gay and go to the parade. But you know what else? I have had a long, hard week at work, and if it is really raining hard in the morning, I want to stay in bed. Hey, I have been to enough Pride celebrations to skip one parade, correct? I need to save up my energy so I can drink at the Block Party!

David and I have been to many Pride Celebrations over the years. David has been Bartender at Chaps and Buddies during many of them and "The Mirror" (predecessor of In Newsweekly) published a photo of us on a swing together during our first Pride. So, if we choose to stay in (David is on chemo, I am just totally stressed), I think we can be forgiven.

However, if debauchery is chosen instead, I will report on it appropriately.

Happy Gay Pride everyone.

No comments: