Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Perfect Wine Glass

I was perusing Crate and barrel with the lovely Jen recently, and I could not help but admire some of the stemware, some of the cabernet glasses in particular.

What I liked about these particular glasses was not their design. They were not crystal, there was nothing terribly unique about their shape, the glass was not extra thick or colored. No, what I liked was their immense size. You see, these glasses held 22.5 ounces of wine. I did some quick English to Metric measurement conversion in my head (yes, really, I lived in Europe after all and it is a handy skill there) and realized this was almost an entire 750 ml bottle of wine. Excellent.

There is new meaning to "I just had a few glasses of wine". I might need to buy some.

No comments: