Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Meaning of Life?

I think I got a glimpse into the meaning of life this morning.

Every morning when I drive to work, I have to stop at about 5 or 6 red lights before finally getting to the highway - these are long lights, and cause the majority of the delay I have in getting to work.

Today, when stopped at the first one, I decided to use the time to change CDs. However, the light turned green suddenly and much more quickly than usual. Startled and "honked" into action by the guy behind me, I moved forward and all my CDs went flying all over the car. Dammit. However, I knew I would be forced to stop at the next light and could begin scooping them up, and with all the other lights, certainly finish it before getting to the highway. Right?

Well, like Moses parting the Red Sea, all of the lights were green and traffic just flowed through, denying me a stop before the Turnpike. It was then that it occurred to me. Whenever I want to get a red light, I do not. Whenever I want to get a green light, I do not.

Have you ever noticed that when you lose something, and then give up looking after searching endlessly, that you will later find it when you are looking for something else? The same principle applies here.

Although I do not fully understand the phenomenon, I am sure it has something to do with the Meaning of Life.

No comments: