Thursday, July 27, 2006

Condi's Roman Holiday

Why does she always look so mean? Does she ever smile? I guess I wouldn't either if I worked for "him".


So Condi flew to the Middle East and made one of those famous Bush Admin "surprise visits" to a combat area. This time, Beirut. She then flew off to Rome to discuss the current crisis in Lebanon with other world leaders.

I would almost like to be a fly on the wall at these types of meetings. When the US participates, how do they behave? Especially this administration?

Afterwards she states that there must be an "enduring peace". OK, sounds great. I am fairly sure we all want that. But when has there ever been one in the Middle East? It reminds me of the cliche of the Beauty Pageant contestants saying they want "World Peace". Do American state department officials truly believe they can go to these meetings and dictate how the others should behave? Especially now when our credibility as a World Leader has been so incredibly destroyed during the past few years.

My heart and sympathies goes out to all the innocent Israeli and Lebanese citizens who have been killed or hurt during this current situation. But, I think the Bush Administration's best contribution to the situation would be to stay the hell out.

No comments: