Saturday, June 14, 2008

Facebook, Part 1

So I am finally going to set up a Facebook account. I have been blogging long enough, why not go to the next level, right?

Some of my friends use it and lots of my co-workers use it so I am always being told I should set up a page. So I decided to do it. Before doing it I decided to gather together some stuff to post and realized right away that I have no recent photos of me and very few digital photos. I have some (gads) film photos from way back (even as far back as the 80's - gasp), but not many recent ones. I had some that were scanned as part of a family project I did last year, but most of those were from my childhood. I know photos of me exist, they are just not in my possession (which might be a bad thing?).

I also realized quickly that filling out an online profile that will be read by anyone quite intimidating. How much to reveal? Did that sound too gay? Do I say that I am gay? I guess it will be a dynamic learning experience, kind of like everything else we do in life.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, I am entirely open.

No comments: