Saturday, June 26, 2010

I am really glad we don't have tails...

Yesterday was National "Bring Your Dog To Work" day.  As a result, many of my co-workers brought their dogs to work.  Having dogs in the office is not conducive to productivity but it is a lot of fun.

One of the things I noticed though, is that it really must suck to have a tail.  It kinda looks like they (the dogs) do not have any real control over their tails.  The tail is sort of like this useless body part that has a mind of its own.  It goes into seemingly uncontrollable spastic movements whenever the dog is stimulated (which is always).  These crazy tails were smashing into file cabinets, desk legs and chairs all over the place.  Don't they feel pain in them?  I know I would.

Do four legged animals really need tails?  I am sure I could google it and find all kinds of reasons why they should have them.  I don't buy it.  Tree dwelling animals sure, but ground animals?  No.  I am NOT saying people should go cutting these tails off (I freaking hate that).

I suppose that ancestors of humans at some point had tails (we were monkey like once, right?).  But I sure am glad we do not have them now...

No comments: